Monday, November 13, 2006

It's Nice to be Recognized.

Last week, I was mistaken for a celebrity. I was at a store in Manchester buying curtains and curtain rods - I mention what I was buying because it is important to the story, as you'll see. At the register, the woman ringing me up gave me a surprised look before politely saying:

"You remind me of someone on tv!"

"Really?" I said, "who?"

"I'm not sure... it's on the tip of my tongue."

"Well, I hope it's someone good," I told her.

She resumed ringing up my purchases.

Thirty seconds or so later, she had it.

"Oh! I know," she said. "That show where TIDE fixes up peoples houses!"

I was confused for a second. Finally, I asked: "Do you mean Ty Pennington?"

"No! Not TIDE! But that's the show I mean.... You look like one of the gay ones...."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home